About the job
This is an exciting role with a global investment bank and working in a team based across multiple Asia Pacific locations to offer risk management solutions at a transaction and portfolio level.
You will perform fundamental credit risk analysis on corporates, banks and funds across Asia Pacific and assigning internal credit ratings on counterparties. You will prepare and present credit risk analysis and assessment in written format, and will perform cashflow modelling and communicate the rating rationale and risk appetite to internal partners.
You will present the entire credit request to senior management for approval and will negotiate with the deal team on transactions. You will monitor market, regulatory, macroeconomic and political developments; and assess their impact on credit quality of counterparties. You will liaise with Credit Risk Control and Risk Analytics and Reporting departments to ensure that the exposures are adequately reflected in the risk systems.
You will work with and provide support to senior credit officers on transactions (where required) and will perform general portfolio monitoring (including quarterly reviews for leveraged finance transactions). You will provide support for various CRM department activities such as Portfolio and Risk Reporting, Watchlist Process, Early Warning Indicators, News sharing, Industry research, etc.
You will regularly update the various portfolio reports and internal reporting in relation to counterparties within the portfolio, and will liaise with Credit Risk Review, internal and external auditors. You will also liaise with the Legal department to ensure identified risks are adequately addressed in the legal documentation and setting credit terms in the legal documentation (ISDA, Facility Agreements, etc.)
- University degree holder, preferably in accounting, finance or business
- MBA (from a tier 1 institute) or professional qualifications such as CFA and CPA would be advantageous
- 5 to 8 years of work experience as a credit risk manager covering large corporates, real estate or leveraged lending transactions
- Possess outstanding financial accounting and cashflow/ financial modelling skills
- Possess outstanding negotiation, presentation, writing and analytical skills
- High standards of work ethics and conduct
- Result oriented, dedicated, and able to handle pressure
- Outstanding team player. The team has a reputation of being a world-class provider of analysis and upholding these high standards individually and as a team will be given the highest priority
- Dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.