About the job
An established European bank seeks a Legal Counsel to join its Legal team based in its regional office in Singapore to support its branches in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
You will prepare facility, security and ancillary documentation for the Bank’s lending business in accordance with credit approvals and internal policies. Where loan documentation is drafted by external counsel, you will supervise the provision of legal services to the Bank to ensure acceptability of all legal deliverables. You will provide timely and reliable legal advice to the business on legal risks arising from transactions. You will assist in the negotiating of ISDA/ GMRA/ GMSLA Master Agreements and related collateral agreements to be entered into by the Bank, adhering to the Bank’s documentation standards and procedures; and will assist and support the Head of Legal on special projects.
- A Commonwealth-qualified banking and finance lawyer with 8 – 10 years PQE. A Singapore-qualified lawyer is preferred
- Minimum 5 – 8 years’ work experience as lender’s counsel in a reputable law firm. Familiarity with loan and security documentation (for both bilateral and syndicated loans) is essential
- Strong written and spoken English communication skills
- A team player with an inquiring mind, who is meticulous, resourceful and a self-starter with good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Previous work experience in a bank would be an advantage
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.