About the job
You will assist the Head of Risks to review and monitor credit risks undertaken by the Branch by way of due diligence on new credit applications, prepare periodic reviews and covenants monitoring, as well as prompt update of internal ratings and adverse news monitoring.
You will develop expertise in the assigned business segment to provide independent recommendations on new credit applications and response to waiver requests. Working closely with the assigned business segment units in the conduct of credit/ lending activity, you will review new credit applications with a view to provide an independent credit opinion. You will process waiver and amendment requests and provide independent recommendation to management, as well as monitor the loan portfolio quality by way of news monitoring, periodic reviews and ensuring current loan loss provisions, internal ratings and account grading reflect the state of the credit/ asset quality.
You will participate in the quarterly portfolio review exercise for the region and see to the closure of any follow-up actions which have been identified. You will participate in local credit committee meetings to deliberate on new credit applications while ensuring pertinent questions are raised and responded during the meeting. You will also participate in any credit or other risk-related projects as they arise or new responsibilities tasked by the Department Head.
- Degree holder and above in Business, Finance, Accountancy or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of solid experience in corporate banking or financial service industry (lending to large corporates in PRC)
- Strong knowledge of the PRC sector
- Qualified for HKMA ECF – Credit Risk Management (Certified ACRP – Associate Credit Risk Management Professional)
- Strong credit analysis skills
- Proficiency in English writing is a must
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative and eagerness to learn
- A good team player with positive attitude
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Able to carry out all activities to the highest standard
- Fluency in both English and Chinese
Submit your application to quoting the Job Title.
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.