About the job
You will gain exposure and experience in the maritime industry with a focus on shipping and offshore finance.
You will prepare precise and concise credit proposals (ranging from new facilities, waivers, and amendments to interim reviews and annual renewals) with accurate and comprehensive due diligence and analyses in line with the Bank’s policy including: To spread, analyse and comment on the financial statements using CRF; Cash flow projections and modeling; Credit rating and GRR as well as RAROC / CEVA analyses (including simulation for new transactions).
You will maintain a close update of the latest developments of the shipping and offshore industries through market reports and other public information sources; and conduct due diligence (e.g. company search, broker reports, valuation, covenant compliance, credit opinions from overseas/pilot metier or branches).
You will identify pros/cons &/or SWOT analysis and risk analysis on the counterparty and transaction; and initiate and follow up with other colleagues and functions, such as Fixed Income, Loan Syndications, Risk Corporates, GCM, Risk – IM, RPM, etc. in accordance with the credit procedure.
You will also work with the RMs and Team Head from time to time on information required and the strategy to be adopted in presenting credit proposals. If necessary, to meet clients together with the relationship managers to enhance the understanding of the client in the course of credit application.
You will assist the RMs in account monitoring. Upon receipt of financial statements, you will report immediately any material deterioration in financial position of clients to RMs / Team Head; and will check on compliance of the financial covenants upon receipt of the financial statements.
You will perform the necessary administration work for files under his/her management including: preparation of authorization tickets, group positions and resumes for key clients; ensure filing of credit files is proper and information is up to date; and liaise with RMs and initiate file renewal in advance of file maturity or any put option dates.
You will participate in ad-hoc assignments upon the request of RMs and/or Team Head including feasibility studies on specific projects/ deals (e.g. cash flow projections, company research, RAROC simulations… ), pitch books on capital markets / corporate finance related transactions, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 to 4 years of direct experience in Corporate Banking at a reputable company working on financing in the shipping and offshore sectors, or
- 2 to 4 years of direct experience in one of the Big 4 audit firms in Transaction Services or Corporate Finance Department with relevant exposure to the shipping and offshore sectors
- Exposure to M&A and capital markets (DCM, ECM transactions) would be an advantage
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong work ethics with good team/ interpersonal skills
- Technically proficient in financial modeling (DCF, multiples, Merger model, LBO model)
- Good knowledge of accounting
- Analytical approach to problem solving
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.