About the job
Heading up the risk management function, you will develop a culture of risk awareness across the organization.
You will ensure a robust risk management framework is in place to support the growth of the branch in Australia. Working with the regional risk management team to ensure consistencies in the risk management approach, you will review the daily risk exposures and ensure exceptions are being managed according to the established procedures. You will participate in discussions on revisions to the risk methodology in response to regulatory changes, and will manage the key pillars of risk – operational, counterparty credit, liquidity and market risk.
You will provide independent Risk Analyses on all credit proposals and will tracks exceptions granted and report the resulting exposures. You will ensure regular reviews of credit customers or counterparties are conducted on a timely basis, and will ensure the Credit Facility Contracts are consistent with the terms approved by the Credit Committee in coordination with the lending team and the legal department. You will provide advice with respect to credit facility structuring and will monitor the utilization of credit facilities – excess/ breach resolution. You will also ensure the accuracy of Borrower Credit Ratings and will lead Relationship Managers in the Periodic Credit Stress Testing exercises.
Playing the role of principal Risk Correspondent with the Regional Office and Head Office Credit Department, you will provide periodic credit reviews of all credit files and will monitor Covenants and critically evaluate amendments to the original credit agreements and, if appropriate, propose approval via the Head Office Credit Committees. You will assist with periodic portfolio reviews and run stress tests on portfolios, as well as validate all credit ratings proposed by the Business Lines. You will shepherd the quarterly Watch-list and Provisions reporting process by providing recommendations with regard to the loan loss provisions.
- Advanced degree in a finance major, preferably with a focus on quantitative subjects
- CFA or FRM or a Finance Master degree would be advantageous
- An experienced Credit Risk Analyst with at least 8 – 10 years of relevant work experience and prior experience in setting policies and implementing controls
- High quality written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who can demonstrate an ability to align risk and commercial considerations
- Skilled in end-user computing tools with some knowledge of programming
- Hands-on risk measurement experience in global market products, such as rates and foreign exchange with product accounting experience will be an added advantage
Submit your application to quoting the Job Title.
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.