About the job
This role sits within the Loans & Specialized Finance (LSF) department, to support the origination and execution of loan capital market opportunities.
LSF originates loans from plain vanilla to complex/ structured transactions (including syndicated corporate loans, corporate acquisition loans, project finance loans, leveraged loans, bridge loans, share financings, etc), for large and mid-cap corporates, financial institutions, private equity sponsors and promoters / high net worth individuals (HNWI) across Asia-Pacific.
You will perform credit analysis which includes financial modeling, risk analysis, financial analysis, legal/ structure analysis, etc. You will draft the initial screening memos, credit applications and other internal papers on transactions, running of pricing model under the supervision of a senior team member. You will support LSF senior originators (VPs, Directors and Managing Directors) in the origination of loans across Asia-Pacific, including idea generation, prospect identification and screening, initial credit/ debt capacity analysis, financial spreading, pitch book preparation, etc, including in coordination with M&A, IBA Sectors, DCM, ECM, SH.
You will support LSF senior originators on loan structuring, term sheet drafting/ negotiations and financing documentation reviews/ negotiations. Responsible for and coordinating all closing and funding related tasks, you will liaise with other internal teams e.g. CTCM, KYC on boarding, CRC and Coverage/ RM’s on completing the internal administrative process for credit application/ approval and procedures for funding. You will prepare annual reviews and process waiver requests on transactions booked by LSF.
You will possess impeccable conduct and strict individual compliance with all applicable compliance, conduct and other policies. You will be the first line of defense on Risk/ Credit/ Compliance.
You will be the Liaison with clients/ external parties and other CMG teams/ Corporate Coverage as and when required. You will support on cross selling other banking services to client and will contribute to maintain up-to-date and accurate databases, systems, portfolio, pipeline, meeting and other reports as well as financial/ income forecasts, budget preparation, etc.
You will contribute directly/ indirectly to the achievement of LSF’s yearly budget and will contribute to the strict compliance of LSF will all compliance, conduct and other policies. You will also support other teams within LSF, on a need basis (in addition to Project Finance) incl. Energy and Natural Resources, Loan Capital Markets and other industries (incl. TMT).
- University educated with a strong academic background
- 3 to 5 years of direct experience in a leading financial institution (ideally in structured finance (leveraged finance, project finance etc.)
- Deep financial modelling experience
- Demonstrated financial analysis and risk analysis skills
- Strong analytical skills including credit analysis and financial modelling
- Good understanding of loan documentation
- Possess interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Written and verbal communication skills, conciseness
- Ability to build relationships and convince internal and external stakeholders
- Organization skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and needs of senior team members/ customers
- Attention to detail
- Sense of initiative, proactivity and knowledge of when to voice out relevant matters
- Autonomy and ability to solve problems
- Strong commitment, ability to work flexible hours and travel
- Work ethics and Integrity
- Mandarin, Bahasa or other Asian language desirable
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.