About the job
You will lead a team of relationship managers covering a portfolio of Private Equity/ Financial Sponsor clients.
You will collaborate closely with the Bank’s various Product, Sector, and Credit teams to contribute to the origination, structuring, and execution of Target-level transactions with Financial Sponsors. You will collaborate closely with the Bank’s Financial Institutions Group across the region to help deliver Fund-level products and services.
You will oversee the preparation of marketing presentations, client / transaction pitches, as well as research, reporting and data mining materials. You will assist in coordinating the different workstreams amongst the various teams to ensure timely and efficient delivery of the solutions, and will actively expand the Bank’s Financial Sponsors client base through contribution to business development towards Asia-focused Sponsors.
You will identify attractive business opportunities by developing a strong sense of clients’ needs and a sound knowledge of the Bank’s product offerings and capabilities. You will take ownership of the client relationships, be responsive and ensure prompt resolution of clients’ operational requirements. You will engage in clear and constant communication with the team, while focusing on improving the employee journey.
You will assess the adequacy of the team and internal processes/ tools to manage portfolios and achieve client objectives. You will demonstrate the bank’s brand and values, learn best practices and assist in cross-border collaborations and coordination where required.
As an integral member of the team, you will contribute to delivering the agreed revenue and return targets for the assigned portfolio and contribute to identifying and minimizing credit and operational risks within the portfolio.
- Recognised degree qualification in Economics/ Business/ Finance/ Engineering, or relevant discipline with at least 10 years of relevant work experience
- Prior experience or proven track record in Financial Sponsors Coverage, Leveraged or M&A Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions advisory, client origination/ relationship management, or Buy-side private equity with strong credit knowledge
- Sales-driven mentality with a strong business development and commercial acumen
- Strong risk and control mindset coupled with a growth mindset to seek continuous improvements in personal and business development
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to manage the diversity of the team members and to coach them for improved performance
- Positive attitude to motivate team members towards meeting and achieving goals
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong, resourceful individual contributor with initiative, and collaborative to partner effectively with the product and country teams
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.