About the job
This is an opportunity to join a major fund house and to partner closely with the Risk & Performance Management Department and provide solutions through means of technology. This role is embedded in an integrated team that provides technology and data solutions for all public and private investment activities.
You will play a key role in building and supporting systems to identify and analyse risk and performance drivers of the investment strategies. As a person with strong analytical reasoning and technical skills, you will analyse and develop technology solutions to bring value to the business. You will also analyse, tackle, and resolve production incidents, drive system enhancements, and deliver change requests for business applications. You will participate in projects based on Agile principles and work with toolsets such as PL/SQL, Informatica, .NET framework/Core, Tableau and Jenkins, while keeping an eye out for emerging technology trends and developments. With strong collaborative mind-set, you will work in hand with various facets of the business across Front, Middle, and Back Office, the extended Technology team as well as industry peers and partners. You will also work alongside experienced professionals and continue to learn.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in software development, working on business applications, preferably from an investment/ banking environment
- Good team player who is keen to learn but also able to work independently
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in understanding and writing complex PL/SQL queries
- Working proficiency in .NET, Informatica, Tableau and Jenkins will be advantageous
- Experience in Java, REACT/Angular, JIRA, and agile development methodologies like Scrum and Kanban will be advantageous
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code review, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.