About the job
You will achieve the various individual business targets and create a revenue-generating portfolio with consistent return on risk capital and minimal credit losses.
You will identify and establish new client relations for the Bank in the large local and PRC corporate sector with the appropriate products and services according to the Bank’s strategies. You will maintain sound and meaningful business relationships with the various counterparties to optimise business opportunities and cross-sell banking services. You will follow up with business leads, to evaluate business quality and obtain the Bank’s approval in building business relationships. This includes the preparation of all new credit applications, which involves the analysis of the risk and follow-up with the relevant departments at the Head Office. You will keep abreast of industry developments and contribute ideas to the Bank’s management in order to identify new business opportunities. You will also liaise with the account officer in Credit Risk Department on the follow-up risk monitoring of the portfolio, including waiver requests, etc.
- Degree holder and above in Business Management, Banking, Finance or a related discipline
- Minimum 7 years of solid corporate banking experience in the Greater China region with an established network of corporate customers with revenues of between USD500m – 5bn
- Supply chain financing expertise/ knowledge (Factoring, Payables Financing, Documentary Credits) is a must
- Grandfathered and certified for HKMA ECF on Credit Risk Management (Core/ Professional Level) under HKIB
- Understanding of global markets products is an advantage
- Fluency (spoken and written) in both English and Mandarin
- Based in HK and frequent travel to PRC required
- A good team player and a highly motivated individual with the ability to create a revenue-generating portfolio of new clients
- Maintain a high quality of loan portfolio and exercise prudent credit assessment
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions with clients, as well as loan documentation
- Knowledgeable about AML/ KYC process
- Strong communication, interpersonal and financial analytical skills
- Ability to carry out all activities to the highest ethical standard
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.