About the job
Investment Counsellors (IC) are investment specialists within the front office team. The primary role of the IC is to formulate investment strategies and work with Relationship Managers in managing client portfolios. Based out of Singapore, this role will be supporting the Japan desk.
You will provide premium investment advisory to Private Banking clients and formulate investment strategies that align with client’s target strategic assets allocation to meet investment objectives and risk profile. You will communicate on house views to the respective marketing teams and work with product specialist for specific support and training. Partnering with Relationship Managers on client meetings to articulate investment ideas and investment concepts, you will create investment proposals and conduct portfolio reviews. You will participate in product idea generation and solutions by keeping abreast of products in the market; proposing new product ideas; promoting ideas approved and endorsed by the Product Council, where applicable; developing, monitoring and following up on new trading ideas related to cash equities, bonds, FX as well as structured products under ELNs, KODAs/DEKODAs, equity options, range accrual notes. You will ensure adherence to internal and external regulations and policies at all times.
- Bachelor degree in the fields of either Finance, Business, Economics or Banking
- At least 8 years in financial industry in an investment advisory position
- Preferably CFA and CACS certified
- Strong knowledge of products across asset classes
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Possess a future oriented mindset, strive to innovate and adapt to changes
- Strong understanding of interdependencies within the team and able to collaborate effectively across departments
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and remain empathetic, passionate and resilient
- Proficiency in Japanese is a must as this role supports Japanese clients
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.