About the job
Join the leadership of the Private Banking Location COO office to lead the First Line of Defense Support (FLDS) team in Hong Kong.
Join a trustworthy and self-initiated First Line of Defense Support team in the Location COO office. You will collaborate with the front office and senior management to ensure visibility on risk management. You will work closely with the APAC FLDS, Competence Centre, Location COO office and three lines of defense functions to manage risk related topics and drive implementation in the Hong Kong location.
You will oversee, drive and maintain effective risk governance and control framework in full compliance of bank policies/ standards, business and regulatory requirements and follow the FLDS team mandate guidelines. You will provide advisory and training to the first line of defense in embedding, maintaining a robust culture for a balanced and compliant business.
You will support the Hong Kong Branch senior management on branch governance, including assurance reviews, impact analysis, internal/ external review coordination and tracking of actions quality. You will partner with the risk champions and stakeholders to support the Bank Culture Program.
This is an excellent platform for personal and professional development within a highly committed and collaborative team in an international and fast-paced environment. If you consistently strive to learn, improve existing processes and achieve efficiencies, we are the match for your ambition.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in private banking, wealth management or related industry
- Proven exposure to APAC/ HK private banking risks environment controls or internal audit and knowledge of regulations preferred
- Ability to excel in teamwork and collaboration, liaise and communicate optimally with partners at all levels including Front Office and Location Management, Compliance, etc.
- Strong organizational, project and management skills to coordinate exceptions and multiple priorities
- Ability to handle complexity and time constraints as well as work under pressure
- Evidence of independent judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills
- Evidence of sense of ownership, creativity and can-do attitude
- Excellent written, spoken, and presentation and communication skills to effectively communicate through presentation and across a range of individual and groups with all levels, including attitude to build and maintain positive working relationships with all management and personnel
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.