About the job
You will lead the Trading Solutions COO team for the Private Bank in Asia Pacific. The team enables colleagues in offering Equities, Fixed Income, FX, as well as Structured Products and Derivatives thereof, including advisory, sales and execution services.
You will ensure that sophisticated solutions can be provided by the product teams to relationship managers and their clients in an efficient and effective manner. You will build and maintain processes that improve client experience and regulatory compliance. You will drive best-practice risk management and will build strong and positive partnerships with senior executives within Trading Solutions and across the wider Investment Bank and Private Bank, as well as within key support functions including Technology, Compliance and Operations.
Trading Solutions COO is an integral part of the Private Bank’s Product COO organization, which supports product teams across investment, trading and wealth planning solutions. Product COO also owns Centers of Competence for Investment Suitability, Product Governance, Client Pricing, and more. Its comprehensive mandate ensures front-to-back alignment on the bank’s top priorities, and it empowers individuals to assume far-reaching accountability. If your ambition is to build significant impact across product teams, relationship managers and clients, this role provides a unique platform.
To fully meet the requirements of this role, you will need above-average levels of determination, as well as a strong intrinsic interest to partner with a broad range of stakeholders within the region and globally.
- At least 12 years of experience in product-related roles in investment or private banking
- Proven understanding across Equities, Fixed Income, Funds, FX, Structured Products and Derivatives along the sales and execution functions, including Best Execution principles
- Outstanding strong focus on controls and have successfully coordinated with first and second line control functions to ensure risk-focused and compliant solutions are crafted and implemented
- Understand the regulatory landscape and industry practices in key markets across Asia Pacific
- Good communicator, verbally and in writing, across functions and seniority levels
- Demonstrate an ability to build clarity, consensus and confidence in ambiguous situations
- Successful track record of leading teams of 5 – 10 individuals
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese language will be a significant advantage
- You will be based in Singapore or Hong Kong for this role
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.