About the job
This role will be focused on supporting Private Bank Relationship Managers (RMs) with activities and services for the Client Onboarding process.
Scope of this role includes Client Due Diligence (CDD) process including but not limited to Client Profiling, Source-of-Wealth (SoW), Client Documentation, Background Screening, Identification of risks factors such as Sanctions, Tax, PEP, Reputational and Sustainability Risk.
This role requires working closely with the Front Office and providing them with guidance on CDD requirements.
You will act as Case Manager and have full ownership to follow through new account opening requests, liaising with the Front Office, Compliance and Operations teams. You will provide end-to-end guidance to the RMs on KYC requirements for their prospects/ clients based on Bank’s policy and guidelines.
You will ensure that your KYC/ SoW knowledge is up-to-date and in alignment with the bank’s policies, procedures as well as regulatory requirements and you will provide guidance and support to the front office on corroboration as well as plausibility.
You will raise timely high-risk matters or regulatory questions to the concerned Compliance team within the bank and will keep up-to-date knowledge about the latest KYC regulations including but not limited to MAS, HKMA, FATF and Wolfsberg Standards.
You will take ownership of the relevant KYC procedures of the bank and ensure that they are updated on a timely basis. You will also participate in change-the-bank activities and projects in line with the Private Bank’s strategic objectives and vision.
You will deliver continuous process-improvements by striking a right balance between controls and efficiencies in view of the changing operating and regulatory environment and will be responsible for document retention prior to the upload into the Bank’s repository and related administrative tasks required to meet onboarding requirements
You will work collaboratively with all stakeholders in the onboarding process and maintain very good relationships with the Front Office as well as Compliance colleagues.
- University graduate with Bachelor of Law/ Accounting/ Finance / Business/ Economics is essential
- At least 6 years of relevant proven experience in KYC/CDD or AML in Private Banking/ Wealth Management
- Possess strong understanding of AML/ CFT regulations in Asia including knowledge of client profiling, documentation and background screening
- Proactive and a self-starter, with a can-do attitude
- Outstanding analytical ability and problem solver who can think out of the box
- Team player who is committed to service delivery excellence and always has the bank and clients’ best interests in mind
- Demonstrate the capability to build and maintain positive relationships at all level with key internal clients, including business, operations and colleagues in Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
- Possess good written and verbal English language skills, and strong communications skills. Chinese language proficiency will be advantageous as you may be required to support clients with China nexus where proficiency of Chinese language would be relevant
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Proficient in using MS Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.