About the job
The Alternative Investment (AI) team is an intensive client-facing team that advises or provides technical information and marketing/ sales support on the firm’s alternative investment products and services. Clients usually range from high net worth individuals to family offices and occasionally institutional clients in Asia.
You will join a team that acts as a first line specialist, proactively advising clients or clients’ relationship managers, and will actively participate in promoting new product launches. Alternative investments cover liquid alternatives (alternative risk premia & hedge funds) and private assets (private equity and private real estate).
Your primary task will be to familiarize yourself with the Bank’s approved line-up of managers. You will advise clients regarding their AI portfolios and proactively seek to develop, improve and expand the team’s footprint. You will think strategically and propose ideas about offerings catering to Asian HNW clients or Asian-based alternative investment solutions. You will source and expand the network of existing relationships in the AI space and will participate in marketing efforts regarding AI products and services in Asia; providing training to the rest of the organization.
Passionate about alternative investments, you demonstrate a strong interest for economic issues and financial markets. You have the ability to provide very high-quality investment advice taking into consideration, clients’ objectives and expectations. You need to demonstrate a clear understanding of portfolio construction, investment processes, risk management and compliance/ regulatory practices. You are able to develop and cultivate a genuine partnership with clients and colleagues.
- Strong credentials, master’s degree in finance, economics or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of work experience, of which at least 5 years are in the field of AI
- Prior experience in private assets is advantageous
- Prior experience in both research and investment management is preferred
- Possess a strong network within the AI community
- Excellent team player and able to also work autonomously
- Client-focused with excellent presentation skills
- Well-organized, precise, articulate with strong planning skills and efficient time management
- Result-oriented and able to propose innovative solutions
- Possess strong computer skills and an excellent command of written English and Mandarin. French and/or other languages a plus
- Keen to join a team of demanding professionals in an environment that allows you to put your skills, discretion and ethics into practice
Your interest will be treated in strict confidence.